Tech Networks of Boston, an MSP in Boston in business for more than 25 years, is adding to its team of IT Engineers and Consultants. We are expanding our team and are seeking a Senior Managed Services IT Engineer/ IT Consultant (MSITE) to join our team. This individual reports directly to the Director of Managed Services.
He/she will assist clients in day-to-day management of all systems and diverse and sometimes complex projects, including assessing client needs and providing appropriate services and products, leading to high customer satisfaction. Much of the work will be done at the client site.
This is a full-time salary position and requires the individual to work at client sites and at our office, with limited work off-site. General working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. In addition, this Senior MSITE will be part of the on-call rotation, approximately every 6 weeks.
TNB offers a robust benefits package, including professional development funds with incentives and bonuses for earning industry-related certifications.
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform strategic assessments, present reports on findings and recommendations for changes and improvements to C-level executives
- Provides services at the client site and off site to assigned clients, including regularly scheduled visits
- Fosters a strategic relationship with key stakeholders within a client’s organization
- Works collaboratively with a client to articulate its mission and enables the client to leverage technology successfully in administration, operations, and service delivery
- Identifies, plans, implements, and manages all aspects of the account, including additional service sales and project sales
- Identifies and conducts troubleshooting to resolve client issues on an ongoing basis
- Provides all necessary documentation and reports to the client as required
Skills, Education, and Training
- A minimum of 5 years of experience
- Current industry certifications is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required; must be devoted to continuous learning
- Specific experience with SharePoint and Azure
- Proficient with the following technologies: Windows Server, Windows desktop, infrastructures, and cloud services
- Fundamental knowledge of network and desktop operating systems, information worker applications, database systems, messaging, management and operations, and security
- Well-rounded understanding of project management
- Solid communications skills(both verbal and written) to address internal and external audiences, clients, management, and colleagues
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Proven record of working cohesively with others: internal teams and departments, vendors, and clients, as well as working independently
- Experience with ConnectWise is a plus
About Tech Networks of Boston
A leading MSP for more than 27 years, Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is committed to providing quality IT services to nonprofits and mission-driven organizations. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise of our staff. We strive to help clients increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. Our method for providing service is grounded in upholding our key values: adaptive, patient, positive, reliable, and respectful. In addition, our employees are eager to learn.
In 2021, based on employee feedback, TNB was recognized again by Great Place to Work, scoring no less than 88% in every category. This is evidenced by our staff loyalty – with an average tenure of more than 5 years.
TNB is a Certified B Corporation, ranking #2 of ranked MSPs in the United States, and recognized as Best for Overall, Best for Community, and Best for Governance in 2019.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and sustainability programs.
To learn more about Tech Networks of Boston, read our Annual Report or check out our website.
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.