Tech Networks of Boston, an MSP in Boston, is seeking a Microsoft Collaboration Architect (MCA) with a specialization in Microsoft SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is a full-time position. This individual reports directly to the Director of Managed Services. The MCA will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle. By fostering strategic relationships with key stakeholders at client organizations, the MCA will work with customers and co-workers to design, build/update, evaluate, test, implement, and document software applications that streamline workflows in order that the client can offer more services to their customers in a cost-effective manner.
- Lead discovery and requirement gathering sessions in the development of a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW)
- Identify, plan, implement, and manage, all aspects of a project, including additional service, project, and support sales opportunities
- Create/Customize and configure architecture and solutions designs for Microsoft SharePoint and Teams, and other technologies as needed
- Manage data imports, database de-duping, and data cleanup
- Identify and conduct troubleshooting to resolve client issues on an ongoing basis
- Integrate new features for Microsoft products
- Research emerging technologies to help drive solutions
Skills, Education, and Training
- A minimum of 5 years of experience; current industry certifications for Microsoft preferred; Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required; devoted to continuous learning
- Well-rounded understanding of Microsoft software and how these products are used in business; knowledge of Azure is a plus
- Solid background in project management – able to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload and to meet tight deadlines
- Customer services attitude and focus
- Demonstrated communication skills (both verbal and written) to address internal and external audiences, clients, management, and colleagues
- Proven record of working cohesively with others: internal teams and departments, vendors, and clients, as well as working independently
About Tech Networks of Boston
A leading MSP for more than 25 years, Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is committed to providing quality IT services to non-profits and mission-driven organizations. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise of our staff. We strive to help clients increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. Our method for providing service is grounded n upholding our key values: adaptive, patient, positive, reliable, and respectful. In addition, our employees are eager to learn
TNB is a Certified B Corporation, ranking #2 of ranked MSPs in the United States, and recognized as Best for Overall, Best for Community, and Best for Governance in 2019. In 2020, based on employee feedback, TNB was recognized by Great Place to Work, scoring no less than 88% in every category. This is evidenced by our staff loyalty – with an average tenure of more than 7 years and a median of nearly 6.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will provide a complete job description to all qualified applicants.