Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is an innovative managed services provider offering IT support to mission-driven organizations and non-profits to enhance their effective use of information technology.
We have an opening for a full-time IT Service Desk Lead (ITSDL), working in the Colchester, VT office of one of our non-profit clients. Please send a resume and a cover letter, explaining why you are a good match for the following.
The shift is Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. In addition, this individual must commit to work on weekends as required as well as provide on call emergency support after hours. Travel to other client offices in Vermont and vendor sites as needed is required.
The ITSDL will integrate into the client business environment and use best practices to provide unparalleled customer service and technical support. He/she will ensure that all staff have the necessary access to systems and technology in order for end-users to work efficiently. The ITSDL also collaborates with the point of contact, other members of the team, and the end-users as well as other TNB employees.
The ITSDL will be assigned the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Provide support through the identification, research, and resolution of technical
- Set priorities, perform triage and know when and how to escalate customer and system problems.
- As a subject matter expert for assigned systems critical to first and second tier internal departmental support, utilize technical skills and critical thinking to provide guidance to members of the support team as
- Track and monitor service requests to insure timely resolution; keep users informed of
- Review technology problems, analyze programs or systems to determine the cause and effects of the identified malfunction, and change programs or systems to prevent recurrence and eliminate the effects of the problems. Coordinate implementation of solutions in conjunction with IST management and associated key
- Research and recommend technology purchases for end users or at request of IST management, including all standard desktop and laptop equipment used by the
- Perform business analyses germane to the support
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of computer, network, and cloud-based information
- This position will exemplify excellence in building and leveraging documentation, and build and maintain a support culture that is rooted in the
- Create and maintain internal departmental documentation for common practices and procedures used by members of the support team
- Delegate, as appropriate, creation of how-to documentation for common technical practices and procedures to members of the support team
- Create and maintain internal departmental documentation for project work, utilizing established project management tools, ensuring all project documentation is clear and unambiguous.
- Responsible for support organization readiness of covered affiliates’ new user onboarding (including all component parts); ensure preparedness to manage user accounts and similar credentials in a timely manner in accordance with security
- Provide support for purchasing, shipment, receiving, and
- Maintain hardware and software inventories, and ensure software licenses remain compliant
- Travel to other covered affiliates and vendor sites as
- Manage either part or the full lifecycle of projects as
- Participate in the client’s efforts to achieve goals for
- Other tasks and responsibilities as
This ITSDL will have earned A BA/BS degree or equivalent in a computer technology field and 3 to 5 years of experience in a technology environment, with a background including (but not limited to):
- Providing desktop support and/or addressing tickets submitted to a help desk, including troubleshooting issues related to networking, hardware, printers, devices,
- Displaying proficiency with the following systems:
- Active Directory
- Windows 10 operating system
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, and 2008
- Managing various systems
- Collaborative tools, such as Confluence, JIRA, or SharePoint
- Service center tools, such as Request Tracker or JIRA Service Desk
- Cloud computing and infrastructure technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, UCaaS)
- Demonstrating aptitude to learn quickly complex programs and processes This ITSDL will also be:
- Friendly, with a professional, customer-focused attitude
- Self-motivated and directed, with a desire to learn
- Willing to follow protocols and procedures as well as to ask questions, think creatively, and challenge colleagues when needed
- Showing a desire to research and analyze problems
The responsibilities of this position require employees to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, with the ability to read and understand text. This position may require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing as much as twenty-five (25) pounds. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a standard office setting including standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, etc.). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee in this position may have to manage a number of tickets or projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of co-workers and clients. The employee may find the environment to be busy and needs excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. These work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is a managed services provider offering IT support to mission- driven organizations and non-profits to enhance their effective use of information technology. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise that we provide to each client to help them increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. We are also confident that other organizations benefit from collaborating with us.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of sustainability initiatives.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Starting at $20.00 to $22.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits include short-term disability, long-term disability, and $50,000 life insurance; options to participate in healthcare, dental, and vision programs as well as other voluntary coverages; participation in 401(k) plan
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.