The person in this position plays a critical role in the success of the company. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for office functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations, with a focus on providing superior customer administrative and operational support to the organization. He/she is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the leadership team. In addition, the person in this key role interacts with all staff – in the office and in the field – as well as with vendors, landlords, clients, and prospective clients.
This is a full-time position. General working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. This individual reports directly to the CEO and COO.
- Responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail, purchasing, supplies, and facilities
- Enhances the management team’s effectiveness by providing information; conducting research; preparing memos, letters, policies, and procedures; and maintaining files
- Maintain Operations and HR files; lead project to convert to paperless system
- Help manage administrative projects, facilities issues, office equipment repairs and service, and a variety of tasks and projects
- Collaborate with COO to develop and implement processes and procedures to enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency of all staff
- Assist with receiving IT products and coordinate deliveries to clients
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Create inventory and order office supplies
- Serves as receptionist by greeting visitors and answering phones
- Other duties as assigned
- Organize and plan for all-staff meetings in consultation with CEO & COO
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects; at the request of the leadership team, may act as project manager for specific projects
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years of direct related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Accomplished at effective communications for internal and external audiences, management, colleagues, and direct reports
- Advanced proficiency at Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Skilled at use of various social media platforms
- Experience with project management (preferred but not required)
About the Company
Tech Networks of Boston, an MSP in Boston in business for more than 25 years, is adding to its team.
In 2020, based on employee feedback, TNB was recognized by Great Place to Work scoring no less than 88% in every category. This is evidenced by our staff loyalty – with an average tenure of more than 7 years and a median of nearly 6 years. Staff tell us that they appreciate the work-life balance.
TNB is a Certified B Corporation, ranking #2 of ranked MSPs in the United States, and recognized as Best for Workers and Best for Governance in 2021.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and sustainability programs.
The responsibilities of this position require employees to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, with the ability to read and understand text. This position may require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing as much as twenty-five (25) pounds. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will provide a complete job description to all qualified applicants.