Date(s) - 04/18/2018
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is pleased to invite you to the rescheduled Super Roundtable session about the essentials of project management. Our featured guest will be Maria Latimore, principal of Maria Latimore Group.
We were very sorry that we had to cancel the March 14th Super Roundtable in anticipation of extreme weather. However, we’ve been able to reschedule!
This invitation is not transferable. Seats at this Super Roundtable will be offered exclusively to those who registered for the March 14th event. Any remaining seats will then be offered to nonprofit professionals who were on the waiting list. After that, seats will be offered to Massachusetts Nonprofit Network members who are on the early bird invitation.
This session will have two segments:
- The doors will open at 8:00 am. In the first segment, we invite all attendees to join us for informal professional working, complimentary snacks, and a short overview about TNB’s work with nonprofit organizations.
- The second segment will be devoted to nonprofit project management It will combine a presentation with group activities.
Here’s what Maria says about the session:
“Successfully implementing various projects helps nonprofits to meet their missions and remain viable. Yet, nonprofit project leaders are often challenged to effectively execute their projects because they are not trained to use project management best practices. This super roundtable will give participants the essential vocabulary, practices and tools to more efficiently manage and deliver their projects.
“The concepts will be presented in a simple step-by-step manner and reinforced with interactive hands-on exercises reflecting real-life nonprofit projects. Participants will learn how to immediately apply tactical processes and tools to better plan, execute, and control their projects, and make their work less stressful. These tactics will fully engage all stakeholders, increase project productivity, and thereby increase organizational capacity.”
Here’s a little more about Maria:
Maria Latimore is principal of Maria Latimore Group, a consulting practice that helps nonprofits to deliver projects that drive program services, fundraising and organizational capacity. Maria has helped nonprofits to succeed by customizing project management best practices and training to fit each organization’s context and culture. She has over 30 years of project management experience and formerly was a vice president in State Street Corporation’s information technology and business operations transformation divisions.
Maria is a PMP-certified project manager and has a bachelor of business management degree from Simmons College. She is on the board of directors of The Dignity Institute, the Community Engagement Committee of Nuestra Comunidad, and the Technology Committee at the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at University of Massachusetts Boston.
Please also note:
1) In keeping with the spirit of the TNB Roundtable series, this Super Roundtable session will be a professional development opportunity for nonprofit professionals who want to learn with and from their peers in other organizations. Other than briefing you about Tech Networks of Boston’s services, the session will be sales-pitch-free.
2) This session is for employees of nonprofit organizations. It is not designed to meet the needs of vendors, volunteers, students, consultants, job-seekers, and others.
3) Priority in registration will be given to those who were registered for the March 14th session.
4) Participation in this session is free of charge for nonprofit professionals. However, you need a confirmed reservation in order to attend.
5) If this session is booked to capacity by the time you seek to register for it, please go ahead and put yourself on the waiting list.
We hope that you can join us for this rescheduled session!