Date(s) - 02/15/2018
10:00 am - 11:30 am
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) exists to provide managed technology services to nonprofits and other mission-based organizations. It’s also our pleasure to offer you professional development opportunities that are both free of charge and free of sales pitches.
TNB is pleased to invite nonprofit professionals to a Roundtable session about creating a storytelling plan for your organization. Our featured guest will be Julia Campbell, the author of “Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits.”
In this session, we will be experimenting with a new learning-by-doing format that we call “study hall.” Rather than focusing on a presentation, participants will be using specially designed templates to create storytelling plans for their nonprofit organizations. Julia will be actively providing assistance to all.
Here’s what Julia says about this session:
‘Raising awareness and filling the pipeline with new donors and engaged supporters is the ultimate goal of any nonprofit online marketing plan. In September, we walked through the process I use with my clients to create a 90-day online marketing plan for your nonprofit. In my experience, 90-day plans are preferable to annual plans or even one, two, and three year marketing plans, because they allow for improvement and evaluation in the digital world that is changing at a breath-taking pace.
‘However, some nonprofit online marketing efforts fail because they don’t use effective storytelling as to fuel the fire of their online marketing plan.
‘In this special, hands-on study hall session, nonprofit professionals will learn how to fill out and use the planning templates provided in the book “Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits,” and receive coaching and encouragement during the session.’
We will fill out the following templates during this session:
- Story Collection Worksheet (addendum to the book)
- Social Media Content Calendar Template
- Storytelling Calendar Template
Nonprofit professionals will walk away with the tools they need to drive their own successful digital storytelling and marketing plans at their organizations.
Here’s a little more about Julia, who has been our featured guest for three extremely popular TNB Roundtable in the past:
A Boston native, Julia Campbell has been involved with the social good sector her whole life, from coordinating food drives as a child to volunteering at homeless shelters in high school to assisting nongovernmental organizations in Senegal, West Africa and beyond. In her current position as an author, coach, and speaker, she trains nonprofits large and small on the best ways to use digital tools to raise money and awareness for their organizations. The author of the new book “Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits,” Julia’s blog about online fundraising and nonprofit technology is consistently featured in the list of Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world. Find her blog and contact information at:www.jcsocialmarketing.com .
1) In keeping with the spirit of the TNB Roundtable series, this session will NOT be a sales pitch for any product or service. This will be a professional development opportunity for nonprofit professionals who want to learn with and from their peers in other organizations.
2) This session is for employees of nonprofit organizations. It is not designed to meet the needs of vendors, volunteers, students, consultants, job-seekers, and others.
4) Participation in this session is free of charge for nonprofit professionals. However, you must have a confirmed registration in order to attend.
5) If this session is booked to capacity by the time you seek to register for it, please go ahead and put yourself on the waiting list. We have a good track record of finding seats for nonprofit professionals on the waiting list.
We hope that you can join us for a vigorous and informative conversation, in which you will be welcome to share your knowledge and experience with your peers!