Tech Networks News: Spring 2017
Tech Networks of Boston makes it our goal to contribute to the community and assist a number of mission-driven and nonprofit organizations succeed with the use of technology. We had a busy spring so far, and would like to share some recent news with you!
- On April 16, one of Tech Networks’ clients experienced a ransomware attack. Tech Networks had been working with our client for the past two years, reviewing and consistently improving their security as part of an overall infrastructure upgrade. Even with full security measures in place, one of their employees noticed the files on their network drive looked different and were unable to be opened. Once the ransomware attack was identified and confirmed, our client was able to move forward without panic, as the recovery process was communicated to the employees. With a strong backup and disaster recovery plan in place, they were able to avoid overcome this attack on their system. If you’d like to read the full story and some tips on prevention, click here.
- On April 28, Tech Networks of Boston and Third Sector New England held the second Super Roundtable titled “From Data to Decisions at Your Nonprofit” with Michael Johnson of UMASS-Boston. Michael led the peer-learning workshop in which participants discussed realistic case studies of nonprofit organizations and worked together on how to tackle the opportunities and challenges.
- TNB was awarded 3rd place for participation and healthier switches in our industry sector at the Green Street’s Initiative Awards Ceremony on April 5. Each year, Tech Networks participates in Green Street’s Walk/Ride Day Corporate Challenge to raise awareness about how each individual’s commute impacts the environment and also to promote healthy and sustainable ways to commute.
- Michael Wood, TNB’s NOC Services Engineer, celebrated May 4th Star Wars Day volunteering his time for a great cause. Michael took a visit to Boston Children’s Hospital with the other members of the 501st Legion New England Garrison. The group was dressed in costume and visited the children, taking photos, coloring, and listening to stories of how much they loved Star Wars. The Legion was also able to make some private visits to some of the children as well. You can see the video of the visit here: https://www.facebook.com/BostonChildrensHospital/
- Tech Networks had quite a few employees celebrating work anniversaries for the month of April and May. TNB is honored to work with such talent and we’d like to recognize those who embody our motto of “We’re Better Together”!
- Deborah Finn – April 1, 2013
- John Gruener Krentzman – April 20, 2015
- Trevor Cooper – April 25, 2015
- Ken Boyle – May 16, 2014
- Don Stevenson – May 24, 2011
- Tarik Abiddi – May 28, 2016
- Boston Charity Events is a free event listing service by Tech Networks of Boston, and continues to grow. Our May 2017 Boston Charity Events newsletter had a record number of posted events – 48 to be exact! It’s great to know that many more organizations are making use of this free event posting resource and e-newsletter. You can submit your events at www.bostoncharityevents.org.