Our staff says:
- We’re a diverse and talented staff, learning from people at all levels, and we like each other. (Really.)
- Tech Networks of Boston is a great place to work because of the culture — we care about our clients and one another.
- We strive to live out its values: adaptive, patient, positive, reliable, and respectful.
Our Admin Assistant will be an integral member of this staff, working Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm. He/she will serve as a resource to senior management and report directly to the COO. Everyone at TNB will benefit from the individual’s abilities to organize and prioritize efficiently and accurately.
The person in this role performs tasks in three main areas:
- General Administrative Duties
- Facilities Issues
- HR Support
General responsibilities follow, although scope of work is not limited to these tasks.
- Receive and respond to letters, emails, and phone calls
- Answer telephone calls, take messages, respond to questions and direct callers to appropriate parties as necessary
- Create documents for meetings, including reports, spreadsheets, and charts
- Order office supplies
- Work with COO to ensure facilities promote a pleasant work environment
- Prepare biweekly reports for payroll
Other duties are assigned as needed.
The Administrative Assistant performs other duties on an occasional basis, working independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. This may include (and is not limited to):
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects
- Organize the renewal of the company’s B Certification application
- Assist with planning and coordinating logistics for quarterly staff meetings
- Conduct components for onboarding new staff and help with offboarding staff
- Coordinate and track open enrollment for annual renewal of employee benefits
- Other duties assigned as needed
The individual will be organized, accurate, and efficient as well as motivated to further our goals to assist organization who make a positive social impact.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; familiarity with Project is a plus)
- Demonstrated communications skills (both verbal and oral) to address internal and external audiences (such as vendors), clients, management, and colleagues
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferred; Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is a managed services provider offering IT support to mission-driven organizations and non-profits to enhance their effective use of information technology. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise that we provide to each client to help them increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. We are also confident that other organizations benefit from collaborating with us.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of sustainability initiatives.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.