Tech Networks of Boston, an MSP in Boston, is growing, and we are expanding the Help Desk team. We are looking for an IT Help Desk Technician (ITHDT) to join us.
We recently asked our current help desk technician what they see as critical abilities for the next person to join their team, here is what they said:
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in IT support roles and/or 2-4 years of formal IT training
- Advanced PC/desktop expertise and basic server knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to manage network devices and familiarity with server roles (including Active Directory)
- Knowledge of PowerShell and administration of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 environments
- Strong experience with Microsoft including MS Office, MS 365, Active Directory; Microsoft certification is a plus
- Direct experience as a good problem solver, willing to research via Google, CRM, Knowledge Base, and other resources to solve common and uncommon break-fix issues (experience with ConnectWise and Kaseya is a plus)
- Aptitude for balancing technical proficiencies with customer service skills to de-escalate a situation
- Good time management skills
- Industry certifications such as Network+, Associate’s degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Provide warm, knowledgeable customer support and service for applications, desktops, servers, and network devices.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, advising on appropriate actions, and resolving issues.
- Handle service requests for technical assistance via phone and email.
- Follow, update, and maintain TNB Help Desk procedures and contribute to the knowledge bank.
- Participate in on-call rotation for nights and weekends (approximately once every 6 weeks).
- Attend monthly Help Desk Team meetings and quarterly TNB staff meetings.
An ITHDT performs other duties on an occasional basis, working independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
Shift and Location
This position is a hybrid role working at least 3 days per week in our Boston office. You may work from home up to 2 days per week. Our help desk shifts are Monday through Friday. Hours may shift to help cover vacations and other special circumstances.
7 am to 3:30 pm
8 am to 4 pm
8:30 am to 5 pm
9:30 am to 6 pm
The responsibilities of this position require employees to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, with the ability to read and understand text. This position may require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing as much as twenty-five (25) pounds. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a standard office setting including standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, etc.). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee in this position may have to manage a number of tickets or projects at one time and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of co-workers and clients. The employee may find the environment to be busy and needs excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete ht required tasks. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. These work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
A leading MSP for more than 25 years, Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is committed to providing quality IT services to non-profits and mission-driven organizations. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise of our staff. We strive to help clients increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. Our method for providing service is grounded in upholding our key values: adaptive, patient, positive, reliable, and respectful. In addition, our employees are eager to learn.
TNB is a Certified B Corporation, ranking #2 of ranked MSPs in the United States, and recognized as Best for Workers and Best for Governance in 2021.
In 2020, based on employee feedback, TNB was recognized by Great Place to Work, scoring no less than 88% in every category.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and sustainability programs.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits include short-term disability, long-term disability, and $50,000 life insurance; options to participate in healthcare, dental, and vision programs as well as other voluntary coverages; participation in 401(k) plan. We also provide professional development funds to every employee.
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. We will provide a complete job description to all qualified applicants.