We are seeking a Tier 2 IT Help Desk Technician (ITHDT) to join our team of IT professionals! Surround yourself with highly motivated experts in the tech industry and hone your skills with the guidance of our respected leadership. At Tech Networks of Boston, we fulfill mission-driven goals, and use IT for good.
This hybrid ITHDT will work on-site at our Boston office 3 days a week and off-site up to 2 days per week, supporting end users via ticketing system or email or on the phone.
Compensation & Benefits
- $29.00 to $32.50 per hour (depending on experience)
- Robust benefits package/opportunities for professional growth
- Access to TNB-funded IT professional learning experiences, provided for all employees looking to earn current tech certifications
- Three years minimum experience working in IT or tech industry and/or 2-4 years of formal IT training
- Advanced PC/desktop expertise and basic server knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to manage network devices and familiarity with server roles (including Active Directory)
- Knowledge of PowerShell and administration of Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 environments
- Strong experience with Microsoft including MS Office, Microsoft 365, Active Directory
- Direct experience as a good problem solver, willing to research via Google, CRM, Knowledge Base, and other resources to solve common and uncommon break-fix issues
- Ideal candidate characteristics: aptitude for balancing technical proficiencies with customer service skills to de-escalate a situation; good time management skills
- Experience working at an MSP is a significant plus
- Microsoft certification is a plus
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or Kaseya is a plus
- Industry certifications such as Network+, Associate’s degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Uphold TNB’s compassionate culture, dedication to sustainability, and commitment to serving our community
- Hybrid position: 3 day on-site (South Boston office), 2 days remote
- Support end users via a ticketing system, email, or phone
- Monitor ticket queue; determine priority-level based on SLAs and severity
- Respond to all requests (internal and external) in a timely manner
- Follow, update, and maintain TNB Help Desk procedures and contribute to the knowledge bank
- Participate in on-call rotation for nights and weekends (approximately once every 6 weeks)
- Attend monthly Help Desk Team meetings and quarterly TNB staff meetings
If you are interested in joining our TNB team, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status. In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of diversity, equity, and inclusion and sustainability programs.
To learn more about Tech Networks of Boston, read our annual report or check out our website.