We recently asked our current help desk technicians what they see as critical abilities for the next person to join their team:
- Proven record of working in a team environment
- Demonstrated aptitude to balance technical proficiencies with customer service skills to de-escalate a situation
- Ability for quick and sustained learning — on and off the job
- Direct experience as a good problem solver, willing to research via Google, CRM, Knowledge Base, and other resources to solve common and uncommon break-fix issues (experience with ConnectWise or Kaseya is a )
- Solid knowledge of PowerShell, SharePoint, and administration of Windows 7/10 and O365 environments; familiarity server roles (Active Directory is a big plus!)
If you want to join a team with these values and goals, please read on.
Service to clients is at the heart of our work at Tech Networks of Boston (TNB). We have a talented and dedicated staff focused on providing the highest quality IT support services to mission-driven organizations and non-profits. Our goal is to help each client enhance their effective use of information technology in order to serve, scale, and innovate.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a Senior IT Help Desk Technician (SITHDT) to join us. Please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you are a good match for this position.
Help Desk team members are the first representatives of Tech Networks to help customers get back to work as quickly as possible after experiencing technical problems. They use the technical and human resources of the company to ensure that customers are safe and supported in their computing environment. They use the knowledge they gain to collaborate with team members in building strong, reliable support systems that produce consistently excellent results.
An SITHDT is an excellent problem solver with a strong technical background and an
empathetic ear for customers’ issues. As the first point of contact for most new customer issues, the Help Desk is pivotal in assuring prompt, thorough issue resolution and outstanding customer satisfaction.
Besides providing service to the entire base of TNB’s customers, each Help Desk Technician is designated as the primary resource for all of TNB for any issue relating to specific clients assigned to him or her.
SHIFT AND LOCATION
This individual will work from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm in our Boston office.
An SITHDT ensures that client service requests are fulfilled in accordance with client contracts with TNB.
- Provide warm, knowledgeable customer support and service for applications, desktops, servers and network
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, advising on appropriate actions, and resolving issues.
- Handle service requests for technical assistance via phone and
- Follow, update, and maintain TNB Help Desk procedures and contribute to the knowledge
- Participate in on-call rotation for nights and weekends (approximately once every 6 weeks)
- Attend bi-monthly Help Desk Team meetings and quarterly TNB staff
An SITHDT performs other duties on an occasional basis, working independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- 3+ years of experience in IT support roles
- Industry certifications, Associate’s degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Familiarity with SLAs and SLA Management
- Experience in managing Active Directory, Exchange and Office 365; certification a plus
- Experience with Exchange On-Premises a plus
- Experience with Kaseya a plus
- Experience with ConnectWise a plus
- Critical thinking/problem identification and solving
- Troubleshooting skills
- IT subject matter skills: infrastructure; line-of-business applications; end-user computer and accessory equipment; mobile devices
- Time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Communications skills:
- Translating between user’s language and technical language for troubleshooting
- Customer service/customer care
- Documentation skills
The responsibilities of this position require employees to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, with the ability to read and understand text. This position may require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing as much as twenty-five (25) pounds. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a standard office setting including standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, etc.). While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee in this position may have to manage a number of tickets or projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of co-workers and clients. The employee may find the environment to be busy and needs excellent organizational and time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. These work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Tech Networks of Boston (TNB) is a managed services provider offering IT support to mission-driven organizations and non-profits to enhance their effective use of information technology. TNB is proud of the innovative approaches and expertise that we provide to each client to help them increase impact and efficiencies in their work through leveraging technology more effectively. We are also confident that other organizations benefit from collaborating with us.
In addition, TNB promotes and supports a variety of sustainability initiatives.
TNB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Starting at $26.50 to $31.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Benefits include short-term disability, long-term disability, and $50,000 life insurance; options to participate in healthcare, dental, and vision programs as well as other voluntary coverages; participation in 401(k) plan
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our diverse team of professionals, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you wish to be considered for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.