Climate Action Liaison Coalition Program Coordinator
Climate Action Liaison Coalition (CALC) is a program designed to empower businesses to take targeted action against the climate crisis. CALC works by asking responsible businesses to participate in safeguarding our future by hiring a Climate Action Liaison (CAL). In the United States, business has a strong voice in influencing public policy. CALC defines and communicates the business community's voice in favor of public policy that takes targeted action against the climate crisis.
The CAL is responsible for assessing the risks and opportunities that climate change presents to the business, educating fellow employees, and working with senior executives to advocate for public policy changes to safeguard our future.
Climate Action Liaison Coalition goals:
- 25 businesses will hire a climate action liaison by 2014.
- By 2016 1,000 Climate Action Liaisons (CALs) will demonstrate that business wants to participate in a true market-based economy that incorporates costs to our long-term prosperity.
- By 2017 the US will pass legislation of a sufficient scale and scope to confront the climate change challenge.One example is a fee and dividend system for carbon emissions.
About the role:
The CALC Program Coordinator maintains the responsibilities of a CAL at Tech Networks of Boston; CALC's founding business, while working with the advisory board and partners to lead and manage the coalition of CALs and businesses.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate efforts to develop the program design and framework.
- Facilitate the needs of the businesses in the coalition by delivering on special requests and ensuring that liaisons are properly matched with businesses so that each liaison's unique skill set is leveraged for success.
- Develop curriculum for liaison training and lead liaison training events.
- Mentor current CALs.
- Actively recruit new CALs and businesses into the coalition and empower current CALs to do the same through your mentoring and curriculum/training.
- Empower CALs to determine strategic goals of their own to achieve targeted action within their business and also within CALC as a whole.
- Manage relationships with partner organizations, advisory board and businesses to ensure that we are delivering and receiving value.
- Manage CALC's website and social media including Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogger, and Twitter.
A strong candidate will have the following:
- An ability to reach out to people for help when needed.
- The ability to set ambitious goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Strong leadership abilities coupled with an outgoing, make-it-happen attitude.
- In depth understanding of the science of climate change and its impacts on society.
- A passion for social entrepreneurship and the environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Preferred but not required:
- Business experience particularly strong salesmanship skills.
- Comfortable with engaging individuals of diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
- A history of volunteerism and activism.
Tech Networks of Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary. If you are ready to grow, email us your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.